First consultation free
Do you have any questions or would you like to make an appointment for your first free consultation?
Enter your telephone number and one of our skin therapists will call you back:
At Skin Care Havenkwartier we work with the Quanta Da Vinci. The Quanta Da Vinci uses the 755 nanometer Alexandrite. This allows Fitzpatrick skin types (one to three) to be treated safely and effectively.
Benefits of hair removal with Quanta Da Vinci:
How does the Splendor X laser work?
The Quanta Da Vinci uses the Alexandrite type laser of 755 nanometers, the gold standard for reducing unwanted hair growth in light skin types.
The Quanta Da Vinci also has a cooling system that is incorporated in the treatment head, which immediately cools the skin during treatment to limit the heating in the skin and make the treatment more pleasant. Due to the cooling of the epidermis, the risk of burning is minimized.
In order to be able to treat effectively, it is important for this laser that the hairs are visible up to ⅔ mm on the skin. In this way, the response of the hair to the laser can be properly monitored so that the most optimal treatment can be carried out.
During and after treatment:
Laser hair removal with the Quanta Da Vinci is not painless, but due to the cooling, the treatment will hardly be painful. The feeling can be compared to a rubber band against the skin or a pinprick. During the treatment there is a lot of heat in the skin which can also cause the skin to feel warm. After the treatment, the skin can be cooled with a cold pack to provide relief.
It is important to leave the hairs before the intake, so that the skin therapist can assess the hair structure. Based on this, the correct settings can be determined so that the treatment is immediately effective. In addition, as with all our lasers: protect the skin well with at least SPF 30 during the treatment course. Repeat this every two hours during the day.
General information laser hair removal Sliedrecht
When are u eligible for laser hair removal?
The laser light works on pigment that is present in hairs that are located in the skin. The darker these hairs, the more pigment there is. Dark pigmented hair is ideal for laser hair removal. Lightly pigmented hair is not always suitable for laser hair removal, this is assessed by the skin therapist during the intake. White, red and blonde hair cannot be treated with the laser, they can be treated with electrical epilation .
How does laser hair removal work?
With each flash, the laser gives off heat to hair follicles in the skin. This happens in a fraction of a second. This creates heat in the pigment that is in the hair follicles of hair. This heat destroys the hair follicle and prevents new hair from growing. The surrounding tissue and skin structures remain intact. With this method, the hair can be permanently removed from all parts of the body, both in men and women.
Not all hair will be completely removed after one treatment. This is because all hairs on the body move into different hair phases. Only hair that is in the growth phase can the laser light destroy the pigment in the hair follicle. A brief explanation of the different hair phases:
- Growth phase (anagen phase): In this phase the hair grows and pigment (melanin) is present around the hair root.
- Transition phase (catagen phase): In this phase, the hair stops growing and separates from the blood supply. This phase lasts approximately two weeks.
- Resting phase (telogen phase): In this phase the hair rests and a new hair will grow underneath. The resting phase lasts approximately three months. 10 to 15% of all hair is randomly in this phase.
- Hair loss (exogenous phase): In this phase the hair will fall out and a new hair starts in the active phase, after which the cycle starts again.
- Medication that has light hypersensitivity (phototoxicity) as a side effect. An example of this is antibiotics
- Active cold sore (when it is in the treatment area)
- Keloid or hypertrophic scars (abnormal increase in scar tissue in the skin)
- Sun / tanning bed tanned skin
- Inflammations present in the treatment area
- Non-intact skin (when the skin is open through a wound in the treatment area).
How many treatments are needed for laser hair removal?
Since not all hairs are in the same phase at the same time, multiple treatments are required. The number of treatments differs per person and depends, among other things, on the treatment area. On average, six to twelve treatments are required for the desired result.
After each treatment you will notice that the hairs that come back are thinner and lighter in color. In addition, the number of treatments depends on several factors such as:
- Hair density (the number of hairs that are together on cm2)
- The color of the hair
- The diameter of the hair (how thick the hair is)
- The location of the hair on the body
- The hairs are in the right phase (the growth phase).
The frequency of the treatment again depends on the treatment area. Usually this is between four to eight weeks. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee 100% hair removal. The hairs that have disappeared due to the treatments are definitely gone.
Important to know when to start laser depilation
Before you start treatment, it is important to carefully observe the following points:
- You should absolutely not be tanned by the sun or tanning bed. It is recommended not to expose the skin to UV radiation for 6 weeks before / after each treatment. Before the treatment, it is very important to rub your skin daily and repeatedly with a sunscreen of at least factor 30 for 6 weeks. If you are (again) outside for more than 2 hours after applying the skin, reapply SPF 30. This way, the skin remains protected against UV radiation at all times.
- For an effective treatment it is necessary that the hairs before the treatment are in the skin. This means that you should not epilate or wax the hair. However, the hair may be shaved or cut. We do not recommend the use of depilatory cream because it can damage the skin.
- It is important that the hairs are visible during the intake interview, so that the skin therapist can properly map out the hair and, in the event of a test flash, can properly check the reaction of the hair.
- Always inform the treating skin therapist about a change in your medication use or a pregnancy before each treatment.
- Make sure that you do not apply day creams or camouflage creams or deodorants to the treatment area on the day of treatment. These agents can block laser beams, making the treatment less effective.
After the laser treatment
After the laser treatment, the skin may be red and still feel a bit warm or irritated. In addition, moisture bumps may be visible. This is a normal reaction of the skin after a laser treatment and it will disappear by itself. For relief, you can cool the skin with a cold washcloth or a cold pack (not from the freezer). We recommend that you wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing after the treatment and do not go to the sauna or a steam bath for the first two days. The hairs may fall out after about two weeks. Do not try to pull on the hair. It is important to avoid the sun for at least four weeks after the treatment to avoid pigmentation of the skin. If you do go outside, you must protect the skin well against the sun with the help of a sunscreen with a factor of at least 30.
Unwanted hair growth and excessive hair growth
What is unwanted hair and excess hair?
Unwanted hair growth refers to all hairs on the body that are perceived as disturbing. In addition, there may also be excessive hair on the body. Excess hair means that there is more hair growth than usual.
There are two types of unwanted hair / hair growth:
This is an increase in hair growth in areas of the body where hair growth is already present, but the hairs are longer and darker. This phenomenon can occur in both men and women from puberty.
This is hair growth according to the male hair pattern in women.
The number of hair follicles a body has is fixed from birth. How many hair follicles this are depends on the origin. During life, different phases take place, causing hormone fluctuations. Examples are: puberty, pregnancy and menopause. During hormone fluctuations, hair follicles are activated and hairs start to grow from these hair follicles. When you have undergone laser hair removal, the hair follicles that are active at that time have been treated. However, you may see new hair in the treated area later after a hormone fluctuation has occurred. These are not the hairs that were active during the treatment process, but hairs that arose because the inactive hair follicles in the treated area have become active and new hairs grow.
All branches of Skin therapist NL work according to the same method .
Costs and fees for laser hair removal Sliedrecht
If you have additional insurance, facial laser hair removal may be reimbursed by your health insurer. For this you can consult your policy or contact your health insurer. The locations of Huidtherapeut.nl have contracts with all health insurers in the Netherlands.
After your treatment you can pay for the treatment by pin or cash. We cannot declare the treatment for you. You will receive an invoice from us for the treatment that you can submit for declaration to your health insurer. You will therefore receive your money back from the insurance for the treatment.
Prior to the treatment there is always an intake interview with one of our skin therapists. This intake interview is always free of charge and without obligation.
An overview of the costs for laser hair removal per treatment:
- Bikini line extended + face from € 225
- Bikini line extended + lower legs from € 250
- Bikini line extended + entire legs from € 369
temporary promotion € 299
- Armpits + bikini line extended from € 172
- Armpits + face from € 148
- Armpits + lower legs from € 198
- Kin from € 49
- Upper lip from € 49
- Upper lip and chin from € 84
- Cheeks from € 49
- Sideburns from € 49
- Eyebrow adapter from € 49
- Neck from € 59
- Face from € 124 Temporary promotion € 99
- Face including neck from € 149
- Around nipples from € 49 temporary promotion € 49.00
- Breast female connector from € 49
- Chest man from € 149
- Bikini line Normal from € 99
- Bikini line Extended from € 124
- Back from € 174
- Shoulders from € 124
- Shoulders + Neck from € 149
- Back + Shoulders from € 274
- Belly woman normally from € 99
- Stripe on stomach (breast pubis) from € 49
- Stripe on stomach (navel - pubis) from € 49
- Belly man from € 149
- Chest + belly man from € 274
- Upper legs from € 149
- Lower legs from € 149
- Thighs + bikini line from € 234
- Lower legs + bikini line from € 234
- Arms from € 184
- Upper arms from € 107
- Forearms including elbows from € 107
- Bikini line extended + entire legs from € 369
- Armpits from € 84 temporary promotion € 49.00
Making an appointment
You can always get one schedule a free and no-obligation intake with one of our skin and edema therapists.
The Skin and edema therapists of Huidtherapeut NL are all registered in the quality register paramedics (KP). For more information or to make an appointment, you can always contact us without obligation.
The Skin Care practice at Havenkwartier Sliedrecht is located on the first floor of the Medical Center Havenkwartier at Wilhelminastraat 69A in Sliedrecht. The practice is open every week on Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. The practice can be reached via telephone number 088-5053205, via email Sliedrecht@zaadtherapeut.nl and via website www.hydretherapeut.nl.
Car and Public transport
The practice is easily accessible by public transport and by car. Parking spaces and disabled places are available at the front of the building. If these are full, you can park in the parking garage on the left side of the building. In addition, the practice is wheelchair accessible and the practice has a lift and a disabled toilet.
(public transport from the stationsweg to wilhelminastraat 69a)
The practice is easily accessible by bicycle. There are possibilities to store the bicycles in front of the building. When these places are full, the bicycles can also be put in the bicycle shed, which can be found in the parking garage on the left side of the building.